Elite Massage Gun® NZBN 9429048827423 we consider your privacy to be important and we take our responsibility to protect it seriously. We understand that you are concerned about your privacy, along with the confidentiality and security of any personal information that you provided to us.
Personal information collected by us
Personal information is information or an opinion of an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained. We collect a variety of personal information that is reasonably necessary for the purposes of conducting and improving our business, our products and our services. This information is collected from a range of sources including:
- through our website;
- through use of our products and services;
- through marketing research, competitions and surveys;
- by otherwise having some form of contact with you; and/or
- through any of our other business activities or events.
Personal information collected by us includes:
- your name;
- your contact details such as your mobile number, telephone number and email address;
- your reasons for becoming a customer;
- your transactional data;
- your preferences and opinions relating to our products;
- your payment details including your credit card information; and
- all logs, which may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, clickstream data, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on any pages of our site and other log related information relating to your use of our website.
We endeavor to only collect personal information about you from you, where it is reasonable and practical to do so.
Use of personal information
Much of the data we collect is aggregated, and this information is effectively anonymous to us. In general we use personal information for providing, evaluating, improving, personalizing and developing our business and our products. More specifically we use personal information for:
- improving customer satisfaction;
- providing product related support to you;
- promoting and marketing our products to you;
- determining whether an individual is suitable for a position within our business, as an employee or contractor for a current or future project;
- our internal research and statistical purposes (including market segmentation and customer value analysis); and
- enabling us to forward to you other information or material which we believe may be of interest to you (each person may opt-out of our information sharing communications).
Protecting your personal information
Steps we take
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information we hold (including your personal information) from:
misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
The precautionary steps we take to protect personal information include:
adopting measures to protect our computer systems and networks for storing, processing and transmitting personal information;
- protecting our information data transmissions though encryption
- adoption of procedural and personnel measures for limiting access to personal information by our staff;
- regularly reviewing our information collection, storage and processing practices; and
- such other security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate from time to time.
Notwithstanding that we use our best endeavors to protect all personal information we collect and hold, we unfortunately cannot guarantee the complete security of the personal information.
De-identifying and deleting personal information
When your personal information is no longer required to be kept by us, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or delete the personal information in a confidential manner.
Disclosure of personal information
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party without your personal consent, except where the personal information is aggregated and anonymous or where a third party that the information is being disclosed to requires it to assist us in an advisory, technical or services sense.
We will only disclose personal information, other than as mentioned above, as legally required – either upon valid court order, pursuant to the Privacy Act, or where compelled by a law enforcement or governmental agency.
You will be notified as soon as reasonably possible, where allowable by law, if any request is made for your information to be disclosed.
Subject to 6.2 and 6.3, we will only disclose personal information to an overseas recipient other than our outsourced international information technology service providers if:
- you consent to the transfer; or
- the disclosure of the information is required or authorized by or under a law or a court/tribunal order.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure all overseas recipients do not breach the Privacy Principles (PP’s) and are subject to laws or a scheme substantially similar to the PP’s.
Disclosure to data storage providers
We may hold personal information in outsourced international information technology service providers (ISP), including cloud computing providers and data storage providers.
Disclosure for analytics
We may use Google Analytics to track your usage of our site. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of the Site, to prepare reports on the Site’s activities and share them with other Google services.
We confirm that we have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services whatsoever.
You should be aware that your ability to opt-out of a third party tool or platform will depend on the conditions governing your agreement with that third party.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our site.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Access to Personal Information
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us unless:
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required under the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
Request for Access
If you would like access to your personal information aside from your account information, you must contact us in writing making such a request. Following receipt of your request, we will contact you and either provide you with the information you have sought, or return to you with an explanation detailing why we will not provide you with the information.
Amending your personal information
We endeavor to keep all personal information we hold accurate, up to date and complete. If at any time you wish to correct any of your personal information and you have an account, you may do so freely at any time via your account profile following your log on.
If you wish to amend personal information that we hold that is not editable under your account, please contact us to request amendment. If we elect not to correct your information, we will notify you, within a reasonable time, of the reason for our refusal, the mechanisms available for you to complain about our refusal and such other matters required by the Privacy Act.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
We strive to ensure our compliance with this Policy and to regularly review our practices under it.
If at any time you have a complaint against us regarding our Policy, including a breach of the Privacy Act, we invite you to make a complaint. All complaints made will be dealt with in confidence. We endeavor to respond within 30 days of receipt of a complaint with a resolution or proposed resolution to the issue raised.
Please note that you may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) about the handling of your personal information. Information on making a privacy complaint can be found on the OAIC website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.
We reserve the right to vary this Policy from time to time without further notice to you. Any variations made will be updated on our website. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without providing you with notice.
It is your responsibility to check our Policy every now and again to ensure you are aware of any changes made to it.
For any further information about this Policy please contact us by emailing email@example.com